Jan 7, 2019

News Quiz 2018 - Follow Up

Activities for reviewing lexis from News Quiz 2018

Image credits: John Bauld  flic.kr/p/McsiQi [CC BY 2.0];
Alisdare Hickson flic.kr/p/24W89b5 [CC BY-SA 2.0];
NASA [PD image]
I hope you and - your students - liked the end-of-year news quiz, which I posted last week. As always, it is followed up by lots of activities aimed at reviewing and consolidating the language from the quiz, which I share below.

If you haven't seen the news quiz, it's not to late - click HERE

You can preview the activities below or download them in Word format and edit/adapt them as you wish. The key (answers) and teachers' notes are provided at the end of each level.

UPDATE: a Quizlet set for advanced level: quizlet.com/_5wm0we 



Downloads

Intermediate (B1+/B2) with Answer Key

click HERE to download Word doc or preview below:




Advanced (C1+) with Answer Key


click HERE to download Word doc or preview below:

 

12 comments:

  1. I taught the quiz in my class and passed it on to other English teachers that I work with. It was very favorably received and a great thanks to Leo Sullivan, who created all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've using your news quiz for a couple of years and it always works with students. It's been shared in a group on Faceboook with other English teachers and I know many of us in Spain use them. Thanks again for sharing such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to do it this year. It's comments like yours that show me how many teachers out there like it and make me keep on doing it. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this with us! I'm going to use it in my class this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. This is very interesting information for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep sharing more such article. I've really like your blog and inspire me in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great content! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.waarzegger amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...